In every era, the best batsmen are found to be in the Indian cricket team.
Every Indian batsman has their own class. In the present era, Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli are the best players of team India.
People and their fans always compare these two players and are eager to know Rohit Sharma Vs Virat Kohli, who is better in terms of the number of runs, centuries, and other stats.
Virat Kohli is a top-order batsman who bats at number three, whereas Rohit Sharma is an opening batsman. Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli have won a lot of matches for India.
Both are the most talented players in international cricket. Everyone wants to know who is a better batsman.
In this article, we will compare Rohit Sharma vs Virat Kohli in all three formats of international cricket, which will be helpful for people to know who is a better batsman.
Rohit Sharma vs Virat Kohli In T20 Matches
|19, Sept 2007
|12, June 2008
- So from the above stats, we have seen that Rohit Sharma has scored 3499 runs in 133 innings, whereas Virat has scored 3584 runs in 104 innings. Virat has more runs than Rohit,
- Rohit’s average is 32.11, and Virat Kohli’s average is 52.73. Rohit Sharma’s average is lower than Virat Kohli average.
- Rohit Sharma has four centuries in T20, which is the most by any batsman in this format, while Virat Kohli has done his first century in Asia Cup he has scored 122*. As Sharma is the opening batsman, opening batting gives more chances to make high score and play long in comparison to Virat, who bats at no.3.
- Virat Kohli is one of the biggest match-winner as compared to Rohit Sharma, and the average of Virat is also high than Sharma in T20. We can see that Kohli has consistency in his performance in T20. The consistency in performance is a key factor in deciding the greatness of a player. So, Virat Kohli is better than Rohit Sharma in the shortest version of the game.
Rohit Sharma vs Virat Kohli In ODI Matches
|23, June 2007
|18, Aug 2008
- Now we have seen that ODI stats for both batsmen in which Sharma has played 224 matches, and Virat Kohli has played 245 matches. Rohit Sharma has scored 9115 runs, whereas Virat Kohli has scored 11792 runs.
- The average of Virat is 59.86, and Sharma’s average is 49.27
- So Virat ODI stats, i.e batting average, runs, centuries, the fifties, and strike rate are high than Sharma. It shows how consistent Virat is in scoring runs in ODI format.
- There is no doubt that Kohli and Sharma are the best ODI players. But according to the stats, we can say that Virat Kohli is a better ODI batsman then Rohit Sharma, and Virat also has more match finishing capacity then Sharma.
Rohit Sharma vs Virat Kohli In Test Matches
|Test Match Debut
|06, Nov 2013
|20, June 2008
From above stats of both players, we can say that we should not compare Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma in test format because Sharma has not played much test cricket in his career, and Virat has played so much test cricket.
If we compare on the base of average, then Kohli has a better record then Sharma.
Statistical comparison between Rohit and Sharma in all three formats has proven that Virat Kohli is a better player than Rohit Sharma.
There is no doubt that Kohli and Rohit are the best players of this era, and almost every batting record in the format is held by one or other.
Also, Kohli is better than Sharma, but this can not be denied that Rohit Sharma is one of the strongest competitors of Virat Kohli.
Who is the best caption for ODI Rohit or Kohli Please put it on the comment box?