As of today, Discovery Plus is making waves left and right since it went live on January 4th, 2021. In order to cancel Discovery Plus Account, you will need to know what to do.
You can subscribe to the service for $4.99 per month for the version that features ads, or $6.99 per month for the version that does not. With your account, you can access over a dozen networks, including Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, and many others.
Process to Cancel Discovery Plus Account?
Before canceling your Discovery Plus subscription, click here and check Discovery Plus gift cards, vouchers, Promo codes, and other offers.
If you do not wish to subscribe to discovery+ any longer, there are no cancellation fees. While your current billing period is still active, you will be able to access discovery+.
Below are the instructions for canceling your subscription, corresponding to how you purchased the subscription.
Via a Web Browser
In order to cancel your Discovery Plus subscription from your desktop follows the below steps.
- Login to your account at discoveryplus.com
- Choose “Account” from the dropdown menu.
- Choose “Cancel” in the Plans section of the “Manage Your Account” screen.
Via Amazon Fire Devices
In order to cancel your Discovery Plus subscription on your Amazon Fire Devices follows the below steps.
- Visit amazon.com on your web browser.
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- Choose “Digital Content and Devices,” then select “Your Apps.”
- From the left sidebar, select “Your Subscriptions.”
- Choose discovery+ and select “Cancel.”
In order to cancel your Discovery Plus subscription from Roku follows the below steps.
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Use the directional pad to navigate the channel grid and highlight the discovery+ channel or The Roku Channel. The directional pad is plus-shaped and is in the center of your Roku remote.
- Press the Star button on your remote to open the options menu for the desired channel.
- discovery+: Select Manage subscription to view the renewal date and access additional options.
- The Roku Channel: Select Manage subscriptions to see a list of all Premium Subscriptions on The Roku Channel. Select the individual partner subscription to view the renewal date and access additional options.
- To unsubscribe, select Cancel subscription. A message appears telling you how long you can continue to access the content and services.
- Confirm by selecting Cancel subscription. A new message appears confirming the cancellation, along with a reminder of the date when you will no longer have access to the subscription.
- Select Done.
On Apple TV
If you subscribe to Discovery Plus through your Apple TV, you can cancel it the same way. Just follow these steps:
- Open Settings on your Apple TV.
- Select “Users & Accounts,” then choose your account.
- Select “Subscriptions.”
- Choose discovery+ and select “Cancel.”
Via Apple App Store
In order to cancel your Discovery Plus subscription Via the Apple App Store follows the below steps.
- Go to Apple’s App Store and sign in with your Apple ID credentials.
- Scroll down to Subscriptions and select “Manage.”
- Choose discovery+ and select “Edit.”
- Select “Cancel Subscription.”
Via Android Devices
Below are steps to Cancel Your Discovery Plus Subscription via Android Devices
Open Google Play
Tap the profile icon, in the top right
Locate and tap “Payments & subscriptions” > “Subscriptions”
Select the “discovery+”
Select “Cancel Subscription”.
Via Apple Devices
Cancel Your Discovery Plus Subscription via Apple Devices (iPhone, iPad)
Open Settings on your device, then navigate to Apple ID > Subscriptions.
If you don’t see Subscriptions, tap “iTunes & App Store, then choose Apple ID > view Apple ID > Subscriptions.
Choose discovery+ and select “Cancel Subscription.”
What exactly is Discovery Plus?
In January 2021, Discovery+, a new streaming service, was launched. The channel offers entirely new shows, reality programming, and documentaries, as well as some old favorites from Discovery, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation, aka ID, OWN, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, and so on…
This is great news because it offers a wide array of choices AND the platform has set a record, offering 55,000 episodes in its initial line-up! With this one, you won’t run out of things to watch!
Discovery Plus offer
A student can subscribe to discovery+ (Ad-Lite) for $2.99/month. Subscriptions for students automatically renew at $2.99/month. Students must maintain enrollment status in order to renew. Students must verify their enrollment status annually. If student status has not been re-verified, student subscriptions will expire at the end of the current billing cycle. Discovery+ student subscriptions include a 7-day free trial for new subscribers enrolled in a U.S. university or college with Title IV accreditation.
It is a very reasonable price considering what it offers. Ads can be removed for a higher price. Pay $4.99 without ads or sacrifice an extra $2 for a total of $6.99 without ads. Both plans include a free 7-day trial.
Discovery Plus launched in an already crowded market but has been able to differentiate itself from the competition, which has helped it earn over 11 million subscribers in just a short time.
A subscription to this streaming platform offers you an affordable price, extensive content, and great customer service.
It has shown its transparency by offering its customers a 7-day trial to decide whether the subscription is right for them.
If you disable Discovery Premium, you will lose access to all premium features. However, you will be able to enjoy your existing subscription until the end of your current subscription period. Discovery will only stop charging you at the end of your current subscription period.
How much does Discovery Plus cost?
When considering all that it offers, the service is very reasonable. Ads can be sacrificed for a higher price. Either pay $4.99 a month without ads or sacrifice an extra $2 for a total of $6.99 a month without ads. Both plans include a free 7-day trial.
Where is Discovery Plus available in the US?
Among the territories included in the US rollout were American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. Discovery Plus is available outside the US in Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, and Scandinavia. It will soon launch in Latin America, Brazil, and some parts of Asia
What are the requirements for watching shows on Discovery Plus?
The first requirement is a device on which you will install the streaming platform. Watching Discovery Plus is possible on a variety of devices.
The device and the app require an active subscription, whether a paid or trial subscription, to access the Service.
A stable internet connection is also required. Then you can watch your favorite shows on your TV or on your mobile device while you are on the go.
What methods of payment does Discovery Plus support?
If a subscriber signs up online, they can pay using either PayPal or a credit card. Prepaid credit cards are not accepted at this time.
If you have downloaded the app on your device, you can make the payment through the app using any method supported by your device